Leigh Brocks Blog

leighbrock.webs.com is my webs site! Come and visit! For those of you who have been following me Thank you! Sorry about the posting but I obviously am not tech literate cause I locked myself out of the website!























Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Seriously sorry for not posting sooner! I have been an little sick and whining in my chair!! My mom says I am good at it so I am convinced that I should be paid for being a big weenie! What an awesome job that would be!

Also I would be remiss if I did not add that I love my children alot, but at time I wonder if I really instilled the proper things in them when they were children. This morning my middle daughter, who is an air head I might add, jumped me before my morning coffee. There is a fire burning in the mountains of Colorado, it is pretty bad, when we went to bed last night it had destroyed dozens of homes. Apparently this morning they said it was moving toward an area that we know. Netherland Colorado has a wonderful ski are called Eldora. It is where my children all learned to ski and when we first went up there a few years ago my daughter became enthralled with a town festival called "Deadmans Day". There is a parade and alot of festivities int he community. We explained to the kids that they called it that because a man had died and requested to be frozen until such time there was a cure for the disease he had. He son pays for him to be frozen in a Tuff Shed somewhere in Netherland and they celebrate the day he died on March 15th. Crazy but true! So when I can down to get my morning coffee my daughter asked what they were going to do about the frozen dead guy? I really thought that the homes and people destroyed were really more important but she seemed very distraught over the frozen dead guy! I responded that they may have to change the name to frozen cremated dead guys day and she was not amused! I was!



Signs You Have Had Too Much Of The 90's
You try to enter your password on the microwave.

You haven't played solitaire with a real deck of cards in a year.

You have a list of fifteen phone numbers to reach your family of three.

Your daughter just bought a CD of all the records your college roommate used to play that you most despised.

Every commercial on television has a website address at the bottom of the screen.

You buy a computer and a week later it is out of date...and now sells for half the price you paid.

Cleaning up the dining area means getting the fast food bags out of the back seat of your car.

Your reason for not staying in touch with family is that they do not have e-mail addresses.

Your idea of being organized is multiple colored post-it notes.

You hear most of your jokes via e-mail instead of in person.

You consider second day air delivery painfully slow.

You chat several times a day with a stranger from South Africa, but you haven't spoken to your next door neighbor yet this year.

1 comment:

  1. Hi!
    Tell your middle daughter that Grandpa is fine....He's actually several miles away from the fire.
    We would never let him defrost!
    He's in a pretty fireproofed area, anyway.
    And if you come out to the 10th Annual Frozen Dead Guy Days...I'll give you and her a personal tour....
    The Iceman

    ReplyDelete