Leigh Brocks Blog

leighbrock.webs.com is my webs site! Come and visit! For those of you who have been following me Thank you! Sorry about the posting but I obviously am not tech literate cause I locked myself out of the website!























Wednesday, May 25, 2011

FIVE DAYS! Sorry it has been so long since I posted, in my defense it was the last week of school and I had to get work out of my children before the lazy days of summer hit. Back on track now!
So paid someone to come in and clean my carpets, which they did a wonderful job but I really think I worked harder. I dusted and cleaned and moved things that I had been putting off. So today I am sore and am going to sit in my chair and work all day long! Hope you have a great day! My thoughts and prayer go out to those effected by the Joplin, MO tornado. I received an email this morning from a child who lost their entire house.
At first I was trying to figure out why they were emailing me, but as the note grew longer I discovered that this thirteen year old had lost all of her books and personal belongings. I think she was just looking for something that would be familiar and needed to express some feelings. I was lucky enough to be the one she sent and email to from the schools library from where her and her family had been staying.
Not telling this story to toot my own horn, but I did contact my agent and had a kindle preloaded with books sent to her express mail. She should receive it tomorrow. I will keep updated. The purpose of the story is to spread awareness for the fact we are able to help people in our own backyard.

No comments:

Post a Comment